- This event has passed.
LTEN Science of Assessment – VIRTUAL
October 27, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT$598
The Science of Assessment: Creating Fair, Valid and Reliable Assessments
October 27, 2020 – 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM ETRegister for this Workshop Register for Combo
Certification/mastery testing is a requirement for most life science training programs. We must prove that our employees are properly trained and have mastered the required material. But many of the testing strategies used by life science companies are not valid and would not stand up to scrutiny if challenged.
This workshop will cover the essentials of what is required to create fair, valid and reliable exams:
- What is reliability and validity?
- How are reliability and validity related?
- How do you ensure that your tests are fair?
- Rules for writing valid questions
- How do you set valid and defensible passing scores?
- Using item analysis to improve your questions and exams
Registration Fee: $399 for Members / $598 Non-Member (includes LTEN Membership Dues)
Combine this course with The Science of Modern Learning (offered on October 22) for a combined cost of $699 for Members / $898 Non-Member
Register for this Workshop Register for Combo