- Four-Part Workshop: December 6, 7, 9 and 13, 2021
This year, we are pleased to bring you two transformative learning experiences, designed to prepare trainers – of all experience levels – to fundamentally re-think how to engage learners and achieve learning objectives.
The LTEN PrimeTime! For Trainers Core Course focuses on mastery of adult learning principles, training tools and technologies, and facilitation skills. Every aspect is aimed at helping learning and development professionals establish a dynamic environment that connects learning and development to business objectives.
The course facilitator, Brian Lange, has exceptional credentials and a long history working with trainers in life sciences space, and brings relevance and a deep understanding of the challenges unique to our industry.
When you leave the class, you’ll be an expert in:
- Creating “Safety” (Necessary for learners to stretch)
- Delivering on Desired Outcomes
- Engaging Audiences
- Promoting Thinking
- Supporting Adult Learning Principles
December 2021 Workshop
- December 6, 2021 – 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM ET
- December 7, 2021 – 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM ET
- December 9, 2021 – 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM ET
- Practice Facilitation on December 13, 2021 — Participants to select: 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM ET or 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM PT
The virtual learning world creates new challenges for facilitators and fortunately, many of the ideas from live facilitation can easily be adapted for the virtual learning space. In this Facilitator-led, online course, you will learn impactful ideas that work in the classroom, both virtually and in-person.
- Facilitating vs Presenting.
- “Assisting in the Exploration” of content.
- Understanding trainer relationship with “Power.”
Instructional Design Essentials
- The “4 Ps” and how they guide us in crafting the learning experience.
Adult Learning Principles
- What to keep in mind as we create a learning experience.
- Main learning styles and adjustments Trainers can make.
Compelling Openings (with practice!)
- Audience Analysis prior to facilitation.
- Securing Audience attention.
- Quasi-Formula for creating Compelling Openings (and a delivery opportunity!).
- Three critical “buckets” of types of questions most useful for facilitating.
- Practice crafting questions.
- Front of the Room (or Camera!): exploring the link between audience needs and Facilitator actions.
Virtual Training Strategies
- Content and discussion around application of curriculum to meet the needs of the “virtual learner”.
Practice Virtual Delivery
- Each participant will run a remote learning session of 10-15 minutes in length. The session does not require having a beginning, middle, end, and instead will focus on 10-15 minutes of Virtual Facilitation. Participant will send out invites on their platform of choice. It is suggested that Facilitators invite a colleague from their company to serve in the “Producer” role, handling any technical issues, managing chat box, etc. More details will be provided in Session 3.
- Understand the ideal role for a trainer or trainers: being a learner advocate
- Gather strategies to truly connect with participants
- Develop outcomes-based training design
- Building the learning environment
- Build skills for debriefing for gaining learner insights
- Enhance platform and critical thinking skills for PowerPoint
- Develop credibility through expert facilitation
- Establish desired behaviors with participants to reduce ineffective/distracting behaviors
- Cement skills through mock training experiences
- Anyone Who Facilitates Training
Meet the Facilitator
Brian Lange, founder of Perim Consulting, is a performance improvement consultant, trainer and speaker who specializes in management development, organizational development and professional selling.
He has worked extensively in the pharmaceutical industry and has helped both large and small companies around the world improve employee performance. Educated in the business schools of Northeastern University in Boston and the University of California in Riverside, Brian has served as a faculty member of the University of California – San Diego, and on a U.S. Department of Justice Advisory Board on human resource issues. He has published articles in USA Today, Pharmaceutical Representative, and the San Diego Union-Tribune and is an ongoing contributor to LTEN Focus On Training magazine.
Customized, In-House, PrimeTime! for Trainers Classes
LTEN offers custom in-house train-the-trainer seminars. For more information, please contact Christine Gaudet, director of events, at cgaudet@L-TEN.org or (215) 357-1077.
We’re confident in our training seminars, and want you to be 100% satisfied! If you’re not satisfied for any reason, we’ll refund 100% of the seminar price. Simply call us, and we’ll promptly issue you a refund.