All-Star Support: Thanks to Some Good Friends
THANK YOU – By Tim Sosbe
With another year of record setting entries, the 6th Annual LTEN Excellence Awards was once again a high note, the chance to recognize the good work LTEN members routinely do. And, also once again, it took a virtual village to pull it all off.
With that in mind, let’s show some gratitude. Thanks to everyone involved in this year’s awards program, including the following folks.
First and foremost, the award entrants themselves. There can be no awards program without a foundation of good work, and this year’s nominees were strong to say the least. Congratulations to everyone and thanks for helping us spotlight excellence.
And, of course, there’s the judges – they volunteered many hours to read each award entry thoroughly, and their experience and insight helped guide this year’s honorees. Please see the sidebar to see the impressive list of industry leaders who helped review your work.
It’s certainly needless to say, but the companies that helped sponsor the awards ceremony and the LTEN Connect event itself provided the path for honoring this year’s nominees. Please be sure to check out the on-demand LTEN Connect materials, where you can still experience the Learning Village exhibit hall and other content provided by our industry partners.
Ranieka Weston of the LTEN Board of Directors and United Therapeutics also deserves a big “thank you” for her excellent work as emcee of the awards ceremony. When the event pivoted from in-person to online, Ranieka pivoted with it, and made it all look easy.
Finally, thanks to everyone who was able to attend the live virtual event, and who made it memorable by sharing congratulations and support through the chat boxes and message system. We couldn’t come together in person this year, but in a way, it felt like we did.
Tim Sosbe is editorial director for LTEN. Email Tim at tsosbe@L-TEN.org.
LTEN Excellence Awards Judges
- Greg Adamson, Philips
- Richard Baron, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- Ashley Bentley, Senior Training Leader
- Bill Beyer, Life Science Training Institute (LSTI)
- David Brin, Abbott
- Laura Chiocchi, Sun Pharma
- William Coble, Ultragenyx
- Kathryn Collins, AmerisourceBergen
- Vicki Colman, Eisai
- Amity Cutaia, Astellas
- Joseph DeLosa, Pfizer
- Peter Dzwoncyk, Bausch Health
- Renee Ferreri, Teva Pharmaceuticals
- David Fortanbary, UCB
- Thomas Hood, Bayer
- Ozgu Kilic, Amgen
- Matthew Krasnowiecki, Kowa Pharmaceuticals America
- Alisha Leistner, Lilly
- Melissa Lowe, Philips
- Bill Magagna, Siemens Healthineers
- Michael McGrath, Celgene
- Daron Moore, Greenway Health
- Connie Murray, B. Braun Medical
- Jennifer Muszik, Biogen
- Mark Osborne, Novartis
- Jim Page, Sandoz
- Nisha Patel, Teva
- Chuck Pearson, Astellas
- Norma Piggott, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Chris Platanos, Alnylam
- Alison Quinn, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Ted Riley, Pharmacyclics, an AbbVie Company
- Greg Sapnar, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- John Sjovall, SK Life Science
- Dan Skoubye, Intra-Cellular Therapies
- Pam Stalgren, GlaxoSmithKline
- Karen Steinhilber, Medtronic
- Christopher Straw, Chiesi USA
- Megan Sullivan, Sobi North America
- Jeffrey Taylor, Harmony Biosciences
- Amy Tremblay, Sarepta Therapeutics
- Jennifer Tursic, AstraZeneca
- Christine Vaccola, Sanofi
- Cleon Wellington, Midmark
- Carol Wells, Genentech
- Ranieka Weston, United Therapeutics Corporation
- Jason Zeman, Bausch Health