Reserve Your Seat
Science and Practice of Modern Learning
The world of learning is changing rapidly. Recent advances in cognitive science and mobile technology have revolutionized how we think about training and assessment. We are supplementing and, in some cases, replacing, large, structured training events with new learning strategies.
Learning is moving beyond the classroom onto phones and tablets. Learning events are being transformed into sustainable learning processes. Questioning and assessments, once thought of as only a way to certify knowledge, are now seen as important parts of an adaptive learning strategy.
Are you interested in transforming your training programs using the techniques of modern learning Taking an evidence-based approach, this workshop covers best practices in the use of microlearning, gamification, mobile learning, video, podcasts, confidence-based testing, adaptive learning, learning personalization, and more.
re now seen as important parts of an adaptive learning strategy.
Topics to be discussed include the research evidence for and best practices in the use of:
- Review and reinforcement using adaptive questioning
- Learning subscriptions
- Assessments for learning
- Adaptive learning
- Confidence-based testing
- Curated catalogs
- Virtual reality
This workshop emphasizes a scientific, evidence-based approach to modern learning:
- The Neuroscience of Learning
- Understand the Role of Memory and How It Affects Training Delivery
- Explore the Role of Cognitive Psychology in Training
- Learn How Microlearning, Gamification and Adaptative Learning Will Improve Your Training Programs
Science and Practice of Testing & Assessment
Certification/mastery testing is a requirement for most life science training programs. We must prove that our employees are properly trained and have mastered the required material. But many of the testing strategies used by life science companies are not valid and would not stand up to scrutiny if challenged.
This workshop will cover the essentials of what is required to create fair, valid and reliable exams:
- What is reliability and validity?
- How are reliability and validity related?
- How do you ensure that your tests are fair?
- Rules for writing valid questions
- How do you set valid and defensible passing scores?
- Using item analysis to improve your questions and exams
This workshop covers topics essential to creating fair, valid and reliable assessments:
- Basic Testing Concepts
- Creating Valid Assessments & Questions
- Setting Passing Scores
- Using Assessments to Improve Learning
- Assessment Strategy