Certification/mastery testing is a requirement for most life science training programs. We must prove that our employees are properly trained and have mastered the required material. But many of the testing strategies used by life science companies are not valid and would not stand up to scrutiny if challenged.
This workshop will cover the essentials of what is required to create fair, valid and reliable exams:
- What is reliability and validity?
- How are reliability and validity related?
- How do you ensure that your tests are fair?
- Rules for writing valid questions
- How do you set valid and defensible passing scores?
- Using item analysis to improve your questions and exams
This workshop covers topics essential to creating fair, valid and reliable assessments:
- Basic Testing Concepts
- Creating Valid Assessments & Questions
- Setting Passing Scores
- Using Assessments to Improve Learning
- Assessment Strategy