What Do Trainers and Educators Need to Excel in Their Jobs?
Whether you are new to training and in need of fundamentals, a seasoned trainer wanting to stay ahead of the curve, or a current or aspiring learning leader who is looking to navigate today's complex and fast-paced business landscape, we have exactly what you're looking for.
We know that developing your skills as a trainer is an on-going process which is why we provide year-round certificate programs to enhance and expand upon your skills.
📅 View all upcoming LTEN events here.
📓 Download the Course Brochure here.
Facilitation Essentials & Adult Learning Concepts
Do you need to create an engaging classroom experience that helps trainers learn how they can drive business results? The PrimeTime! Core Class for Trainers offers an open environment to learn relevant and applicable skills while building your training arsenal. By incorporating adult learning principles, training tools, and facilitation skills, the Core Class will prime learners to relate unique contexts with hands-on training for their organizations.
Register for a Workshop:
- September 9–11, 2019, Cambridge, MA
- December 9–11, 2019, Short Hills, NJ
- March 9-11, 2020, San Diego, CA
- May 11-13, 2020, Northbrook, IL
- September 14-16, 2020, Cambridge, MA
- December 7-9, 2020, Short Hills, NJ
Non-Members: $2,394 (Includes 1-year LTEN Membership)
Advanced Skills for Enhanced Trainer/Learner Interactions and Coaching without Authority
Designed to complement and enhance skills learned in our popular PrimeTime! Core Class, the Master Class is focused on real-life simulations that review practical applications for trainers. By the end of this engaging course, trainers will hone coaching techniques and remove learning barriers in the classroom while igniting learner participation. We’ll address how to improve social learning situations and how to interact and experiment among all levels of learners.
Register for the 2020 Master Class
Non-Members: $1,794 (Includes 1-year LTEN Membership)
Join us for Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network (LTEN) 'Network After Work' Mixers coming to a city near you. Meet with life sciences training and education peers from the local area. While at the event, expand your own professional network while learning about additional resources for career success.
- September 10, 2019, Cambridge, MA
- October 16, 2019, Montreal, Canada
- October 21, 2019, S. San Francisco, CA
- December 10, 2019, Short Hills, NJ
- March 10, 2020, San Diego, CA
- May 5, 2020, Northbrook, IL
- September 15, 2020, Cambridge, MA
- December 8, 2020, Short Hills, NJ
Free for your and your colleagues
On-Demand, Microlearning Covering Learning and Development Principals Specific to Life Sciences Training and Education
We understand your busy schedule often does not allow for a full-day workshop. That’s why LTEN created the eLearning Lounge, which is available whenever and wherever you need it. This portal is comprised of 14 condensed eModules to help trainers wisely spend time brushing up on focus areas that need attention. The eModules include coaching briefs, quick check assessments, and action guides to assist managers and learners absorb key takeaways for success in the field of life sciences training and development.
🔧 Each module includes support tools, job aids, action guides and coaching toolkit
YEAR-ROUND & ON-DEMAND:
Choose Individual Modules
Complete 14-Module Bundle Package
Non-Members: $698 (Includes a 1-year LTEN Membership)
Company Bulk Bundle Pricing is available for organizations purchasing 10 or more Complete 14 eModule Bundles.
A Process to Design, Deliver and Measure Training and Ensure Learning Transfer
This two-day session features case studies from world-class companies’ best practices that foster learning and development. Taught by the authors of best-seller, “Six Disciplines of Breakthrough Learning,” this interactive workshop stresses the relevant application of its proven learning tools. The course also includes 8 weeks of on-the-job support for learning transfer so you can deliver the 6D method for maximum business results.
The workshop includes:
- a 260+ page professionally published workbook and reference guide,
- electronic copies of the job aids,
- checklists and tools, and
- 8 weeks on online coaching from the facilitators.
Register for these Workshops
- October 22–23, 2019, Parsippany, NJ
- March 3-4, 2020, Short Hills, NJ
- May 5-6, 2020, Northbrook, IL
- October 20-21, 2020, Princeton, NJ
Non-Members: $1,693 (Includes 1-year LTEN Membership)
An Evidence-Based Approach to Delivering Learning, Integrating Learning Tech and Testing
The morning will primarily focus on Learning. Topics to be discussed include the research evidence for and best practices in the use of:
- Review and reinforcement using adaptive questioning
Assessments for learning
- Virtual reality
The afternoon will primarily focus on Assessments of Learning.
Certification/mastery testing is a requirement for most life science training programs. We must prove that our employees are properly trained and have mastered the required material. But many of the testing strategies used by life science companies are not valid and would not stand up to scrutiny if challenged.
We'll cover the essentials of what is required to create fair, valid and reliable exams:
- What is reliability and validity?
- How are reliability and validity related?
How do you ensure that your tests are fair?
Rules for writing valid questions
How do you set valid and defensible passing scores?
- Using item analysis to improve your questions and exams
Register these Classes
Non-Members: $898 (Includes 1-year membership to LTEN)
The LTEN Annual Conference has a long history of bringing together industry professionals to build knowledge, sharpen skills, and benefit from discussions around healthcare issues and workplace challenges. Hot topics include learning technology and mobile learning, global sales, healthcare reform, career management, and more.
Full Conference Registration Includes
- Networking with 1,000 pharma, biotech, medical device and diagnostic trainers and leaders
- 160 biggest names and brightest minds in L&D presenting
- 70 top suppliers in the Learning Village Exhibit Hall
- 70 workshop sessions across 14 content tracks providing in-depth knowledge on managed care, sales skills, leadership, impact and measurement, career success, eLearning and more
- 35 Learning Labs – Expert-led mini-sessions located throughout the Learning Village Exhibit Hall
- Expert-Led Panel Discussions & Case Studies
- Lunch on Tuesday and Wednesday
- Coffee and Refreshment Breaks Tuesday – Thursday
- Monday Night Welcome Reception with Complimentary Cocktails and Appetizers
- Tuesday Night Networking Party with Complimentary Cocktails and Heavy Appetizers
- Post-event conference slides and materials
Individual Full Conference Passes
Group and Day Passes available.
Need to get your boss’ approval to send you? Use these tools to help get the .
See calendar of upcoming webinars.
LTEN Webinars feature training topics from A to Z. Thought-leaders facilitate these sessions, giving life to mundane topics or introducing new approaches and content. Topics have included Visual Learning, Emotional Intelligence, Social Media Literacy, Global Sales training and more. Past webinars are available on-demand for members.