Effective Date:July 2018
Terms and Conditions
- License Grant. This TOU provides to You a personal, revocable, limited, non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-sublicenseable, non-transferable license to use the Website conditioned on Your continued compliance with the terms and conditions of this TOU. You may print and download materials and information from the Website solely for Your personal use, provided that all hard copies contain all copyright and other applicable notices contained in such materials and information. The content layout, formatting, and features of and access privileges for the Website shall be as determined by LTEN in its sole discretion.
- Restrictions. Notwithstanding the foregoing, You may not modify, translate, decompile, create derivative work(s) of, copy, distribute, disassemble, broadcast, transmit, publish, remove or alter any proprietary notices or labels, license, sublicense, transfer, sell, mirror, frame, exploit, rent, lease, private label, grant a security interest in, or otherwise use in any manner not expressly permitted herein the Website. Specifically, and by way of illustration and not limitation, You may not separate and use any graphics, photographs, or other audio, visual, or video elements from the accompanying text or material without the prior express written permission of LTEN and/or its licensor(s). If you share any articles or published content from the Website, you may only do so through the Website’s designated “share” functionality. Moreover, You may not (a) use any "deep link," "page scrape," "robot," "spider," or other automatic device, program, script, algorithm, or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the Website or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents, or information through any means not purposely made available through the Website, (b) attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Website or any other systems or networks connected to the Website or to any LTEN server or to any of the services offered on or through the Website, by hacking, password "mining," or any other illegitimate or prohibited means, (c) probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Website or any network connected to the Website, nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Website or any network connected to the Website, (d) reverse look-up, trace, or seek to trace any information on any other person or entity accessing or using the Website, (e) take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Website or LTEN's systems or networks or any systems or networks connected to the Website, (f) use any device, software, or routine to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any transaction conducted on the Website, or with any other person's use of the Website, (g) forge headers, impersonate a person, or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise Your identity or the origin of any message or transmittal You send to LTEN on or through the Website, (h) use the Website to harvest or collect e-mail addresses or other contact information; or (i) use the Website in an unlawful manner or in a manner that could damage, disparage, or otherwise negatively impact LTEN.
- User Obligations. By downloading, accessing, or using the Website in order to view any information and materials, register or enter into a transaction with or through LTEN for any reason, or submit information of any kind, You represent that You are at least eighteen (18) years of age (or the legal age of majority (whichever is greater)) and will, at all times, provide true, accurate, current, and complete information when submitting information or materials on the Website, including, without limitation, when You provide information via a Website registration or submission form. If You provide any false, inaccurate, untrue, or incomplete information, LTEN reserves the right to terminate immediately Your access to and use of the Website and to seek other remedies or damages available under law or equity. In addition, You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations with respect to Your use of the Website. You also acknowledge and agree that use of the Internet and access to the Website is solely at Your own risk. While LTEN has endeavored to create a secure and reliable Website, You should understand that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from the Website over the Internet or other form of global communication network cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, LTEN is not responsible for the security of any information transmitted to or from the Website. You must make Your own determination as to such issues. If You wish to communicate with LTEN through other means, please contact LTEN at info@L-TEN.org or (540) 725-3859.
- Other Terms and Conditions. Additional notices, terms, and conditions may apply to participation, subscription, or a particular program, service, event, or solution. Moreover, if You are using the Website on behalf of an entity, please note that such entity may have a separate agreement with LTEN regarding access and usage privileges to the restricted member portal areas of the Website. You agree to abide by such other notices, terms, and conditions or agreement, as applicable. If there is a conflict between this TOU and other notices, terms, and conditions posted to the Website, LTEN shall resolve any conflict in good faith in its sole discretion but the latter terms shall generally control with respect to such participation, subscription, or program, service, event, or solution.
- Links to the Website. LTEN permits (plain) hypertext links to the primary landing page for the Website as well as to articles published on the Website. With respect to any such link(s), this TOU provides to you a personal, revocable, limited, non-exclusive, nonsublicenseable license to post a plain text link to the Website from your member profile page or social media networks. Any links to the Website should not suggest that LTEN promotes or otherwise endorses or is affiliated with any third party products, services, programs, causes, campaigns, websites, or information unless LTEN has provided prior written consent for such promotion, affiliation, or endorsement.
- Member Profiles. LTEN makes available through the Website member profiles (the "Profiles"). In addition to any other terms and conditions set forth in this TOU, You acknowledge and agree that the Profiles shall be used only for personal and non-promotional purposes and that any information of the Profiles shall not be further published, displayed, or made accessible. Accordingly, unless LTEN has provided its prior written consent, You acknowledge and agree that the contents of the Profiles may not, in whole or in part, be reproduced, copied, disseminated, entered into a computer database, used as part of or in connection with a mailing list, or otherwise utilized, in any form or manner or by any means inconsistent with this TOU. You also acknowledge that a person or entity's Profile represents only that such person or entity is registered with and an active member of the LTEN online community. LTEN makes no further representations or warranties regarding any such person or entity (or the related information) listed in the Profile, and any information made available through a Profile is provided on an "AS-IS" and "AS-AVAILABLE" basis without warranty of any kind.
- User Name Handling Policy. Registration may be required for access to certain areas of the Website. These restricted areas, pages, or portals may further require both a user name and a password or adherence to other particular access requirements as designated by LTEN. Only one User can use one user name and password and, thus, one account. By limiting access, it helps avoid unauthorized usage by other persons, institutions, or entities because anyone with knowledge of both Your user name and password can gain entry to the restricted portions of the Website and to Your account. Accordingly, by using the Website, You agree to consider Your user name and password as confidential information and to keep Your user name and password confidential. You also agree not to use another User's user name and password. You will immediately notify LTEN if You become aware of any loss or theft of Your password or any unauthorized use of Your user name and password. LTEN will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from Your failure to comply with these obligations.
- Postings. The Website may contain blogs, forums, message boards, portals, comment areas, questionnaires and other interactive features and functionality where Users can share and post information and/or photos, video, or audio. To the extent that the Website contains such communication forums and online communities (referenced collectively herein as “Online Communities”), You agree that by using the Website You will not upload, post, display, or transmit any of the following materials on the Website’s Online Communities:
- anything that interferes with or disrupts the Website or the operation thereof,
- statements or material that defames, harasses, abuses, stalks, threatens, intimidates, or in any way violates the rights of others,
- unauthorized copyrighted materials or any other material that infringes on the intellectual property rights, trade secrets, or privacy of others,
- statements or material that violates other contractual or fiduciary rights, duties, or agreements,
- statements or material that is bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive,
- statements or material that encourages criminal conduct or that would give rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law or regulation in any jurisdiction,
- statements or material that constitutes anti-competitive collaboration and/or antitrust violations,
- statements or material that contains vulgar, obscene, profane, or otherwise objectionable language or images that typically would not be considered socially or professionally responsible or appropriate in person,
- statements or material that harms minors,
- statements or material that impersonates any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, including, without limitation, employees and representatives of ATD,
- statements or material that misrepresents Your affiliation with any entity and/or ATD,
- anything that violates the privacy or publicity rights of any other person, including, without limitation, posting any personally identifying information of another individual,
- chain letters or pyramid schemes,
- statements or materials that are deceptive or misleading,
- statements or material that constitutes junk mail, spam, or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials,
- statements or material that are “off-topic” for a designated community, and
- files that contain malicious code, viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer, network, or the Website.
- Permission to Use Postings. Forums are the resources and property of LTEN and/or its licensors and You will not have any proprietary interest in any Forum. Moreover, by submitting content, information, or a work of authorship of any type ( "Posting") to a Forum or other portion of the Website or by otherwise using the Website to transmit or display a Posting, You automatically grant LTEN a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, translate, create derivative works from, sublicense (or further license), distribute, transmit, perform, and display such content or information (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate into (or combine with) other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content or information. Without limitation of the foregoing, LTEN may require You to agree to a separate license agreement for any Posting. You represent that you have all necessary rights to make the Posting available to LTEN and a Forum, and you also acknowledge that such Postings are non-confidential for all purposes and that LTEN has no control over the extent to which any idea or information may be used by any party or person once it's posted or displayed. Accordingly, notwithstanding this right and license, it is understood that by merely permitting Your information, content, and materials to appear on the Website LTEN has not become and is not a publisher of such information, content, and materials and is merely functioning as an intermediary to enable You to provide and display a Posting. Moreover, LTEN assumes no responsibility for the deletion of or failure to store any Posting and recommends that You do not post, display, or transmit any confidential or sensitive information.
- No Pre-Screening of Postings. LTEN is not responsible for screening, policing, editing, or monitoring Your or another User’s Postings and encourages all of its Users to use reasonable discretion and caution in evaluating or reviewing any Posting. Moreover, and except as provided below with respect to LTEN's right and ability to delete or remove a Posting (or any part thereof), LTEN does not endorse, oppose, or edit any opinion or information provided by You or another User and does not make any representation with respect to, nor does it endorse the accuracy, acceptability, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other material displayed, uploaded, or distributed by You or any other User. Nevertheless, LTEN reserves the right to monitor, delete, or take other action with respect to Postings (or parts thereof) that LTEN believes in good faith violate this TOU and/or are, or are potentially, unlawful or harmful to LTEN or its affiliates, volunteers, services, or goodwill. If You violate this TOU, LTEN may, in its sole discretion, delete the unacceptable content from Your Posting, remove or delete the Posting in its entirety, issue You a warning, and/or terminate Your use of the Website. Moreover, it is a policy of LTEN to take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DCMA”) under U.S. Copyright Law and other applicable intellectual property laws. If You become aware of Postings that violate these rules regarding acceptable behavior or content, You may contact LTEN and LTEN will take action pursuant to its DMCA Takedown Policy.
- GOVERNMENT RIGHTS. The use of the Website including, without limitation, its reproduction and display by the United States of America and/or any other country and its or their respective instrumentalities (including prime contractors or any other contractor at any tier), agencies, or offices, regardless of form (collectively, the "Government"), shall be governed by this TOU. Accordingly, the Website is provided to the Government with LIMITED RIGHTS and/or RESTRICTED RIGHTS (as applicable). Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph (g) of the Rights in Data – General clause at 48 C.F.R. § 52.227-14, subparagraphs (b)(1) and (2) of the Commercial Computer Software License clause at 48 C.F.R. § 52.227-19, or subparagraph (b)(1) of Technical Data--Commercial Items clause at D.F.A.R.S. § 252.227-7015, as applicable. Moreover, all ATD products and materials, including the Website, are commercial in nature and were not first produced in the performance of any Government contract. Accordingly, the data, software and documentation available through the Website Data are "Commercial Items," as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of "Commercial Computer Software" and "Commercial Computer Software Documentation," as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or D.F.A.R.S. § 252.227-7014, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §§227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are licensed to Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein. For any use of the Website that would require compliance by LTEN with a particular Government requirement not identified herein or that would affect LTEN's rights, the applicable Government entity, agency, or office must notify LTEN of said Government requirement and obtain a waiver or exemption from such requirements for the benefit of ATD before any government access to the Website. Any Government Licensee shall also affix the following “Government Rights Notice” to any copy of any information downloaded or printed from the Website made available to any Government Authorized User:
(a) Data. This data is submitted with limited rights and is subject to the terms of the Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network ("LTEN’s") current commercial license agreement. This data may be used by the Government with the express limitation that the Government will not, without written permission of the lten, be used in any manner prohibited by LTEN’s current commercial license agreement.
(b) Software. Use, reproduction, or disclosure is subject to restrictions set forth in LTEN’s current commercial license agreement.
(c) This notice shall be marked on any reproduction of this data, in whole or in part.
Feedback. LTEN welcomes Your feedback and suggestions about LTEN's programs or services or with respect to how to improve the Website. By transmitting any suggestions, information, material, or other content (collectively, “Feedback”) to LTEN, You represent and warrant that such Feedback does not infringe or violate the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party (including, without limitation, patents, copyrights, or trademark rights) and that You have all rights necessary to convey to LTEN and enable LTEN to use such Feedback. In addition, any Feedback received through the Website will be deemed to include a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, non-exclusive right and license for LTEN to adopt, publish, reproduce, disseminate, transmit, distribute, copy, use, create derivative works, and display (in whole or in part) worldwide, or act on such Feedback without additional approval or consideration, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content, and You hereby waive any claim to the contrary.
- Third Party Products & Services. LTEN, in its sole discretion, may feature and/or post the advertisements or logos of third parties on the Website and/or feature or utilize on the Website materials, programs, products, and services provided by third parties over which LTEN has no control. LTEN makes no representations with respect to, nor does it guarantee or endorse, the quality, non-infringement, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, reliability, or correct sequencing of such third-party materials, programs, products, and services or any other materials, programs, products, and services which such third-party materials, products, and services may access. Your correspondence or any other dealings with third parties found on the Website are solely between You and such third party. Accordingly, LTEN expressly disclaims responsibility and liability for all third-party provided materials, programs, products, and services contained on or accessed through the Website, and You agree that LTEN shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such third parties on the Website.
- Links to Other Websites. LTEN may provide links, in its sole discretion, to other sites on the World Wide Web for Your convenience in locating or accessing related information, products, and/or services. These sites have not necessarily been reviewed by LTEN and are maintained by third parties over which LTEN exercises no control. Accordingly, LTEN expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, the materials, the accuracy of the information, and/or the quality of the products or services provided by, available through, or advertised on these third-party websites. Moreover, these links do not imply an endorsement with respect to any third party or any website or the products or services provided by any third party.
- Mobile Services. The Website may offer certain tools or services that are available to You via Your mobile phone or other mobile device (collectively, “Mobile Services”). Please note that Your mobile carrier’s normal messaging, data, and other rates and fees will apply to Your use of the Mobile Services. In addition, downloading, installing, or using certain Mobile Services may be prohibited or restricted by Your mobile carrier, and not all Mobile Services may work with all carriers or devices. Therefore, You are responsible for checking with Your mobile carrier to determine if the Mobile Services are available for Your mobile devices, what restrictions, if any, may be applicable to Your use of the Mobile Services, and how much they will cost You. Nevertheless, all use of the Website and its Mobile Services shall be in accordance with this TOU.
- Disclaimer. THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE FUNCTIONALITY, AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND MAY INCLUDE ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES. MOREOVER, ATD MAY MAKE MODIFICATIONS AND/OR CHANGES IN THIS WEBSITE OR IN THE MATERIALS, AND INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THIS WEBSITE AT ANY TIME AND FOR ANY REASON. ATD MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES, OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY, LEGALITY, OR ACCURACY OF THE SERVICES, MATERIALS, AND INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THIS WEBSITE FOR ANY PURPOSE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS (TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW) ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY UNDER THE UNIFORM COMPUTER INFORMATION TRANSACTIONS ACT AS ENACTED BY ANY STATE. ATD ALSO MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, GUARANTEE, OR WARRANTY THAT THIS WEBSITE WILL OPERATE ERROR FREE OR IN AN UNINTERRUPTED FASHION OR THAT ANY MESSAGE, FILE, AND/OR INFORMATION WILL BE STORED, ARCHIVED, OR DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEBSITE IN A MANNER FREE OF LOSS, VIRUSES, CONTAMINATION, OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES.
- Limitation of Liability. You expressly absolve and release LTEN from any claim of harm resulting from a cause beyond LTEN's control, including, but not limited to, failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other connection problems, computer viruses, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes, or natural disasters, strikes, or other labor problems, wars, or governmental restrictions. MOREOVER, AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL ATD BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE, THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, AND EVEN IF ATD HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ADDITION, TOTAL LIABILITY OF ATD FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER RELATED TO USE OF THIS SITE SHALL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO ATD IN CONNECTION WITH THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THE PARTICULAR DISPUTE OR $2,500 (US), WHICHEVER IS LESS.
- Governing Law. This TOU has been made in and will be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia as applied to agreements entered into and completely performed in the Commonwealth of Virginia. You agree to the personal jurisdiction by and venue in the state or federal courts in the Commonwealth of Virginia and waive any objection to such jurisdiction or venue. Any claim You might have against LTEN must be brought within one (1) year after the cause of action arises, or such claim or cause of action is barred. You access the Website on Your own volition and are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws with respect to Your access and use of the Website. In any legal proceeding brought byLTEN, LTEN shall have the right to seek and be awarded all reasonable attorneys' fees and costs in addition to any other relief, at law or in equity, to which LTEN may be entitled.
- Enforcing Security on the Website. Actual or attempted unauthorized use of the Website may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution, including, without limitation, punishment under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 under U.S. federal law. LTEN reserves the right to view, monitor, and record activity on the Website without notice or permission from You, including, without limitation, by archiving notices or communications sent by You through the Website. Any information obtained by monitoring, reviewing, or recording is subject to review by law enforcement organizations in connection with investigation or prosecution of possible criminal or unlawful activity on the Website as well as to disclosures required by or under applicable law or related government agency actions. LTEN will also comply with all court orders or subpoenas involving requests for such information. In addition to the foregoing, LTEN reserves the right to, at any time and without notice, modify, suspend, terminate, or interrupt operation of or access to the Website, or any portion of the Website in order to protect the Website, LTEN, or LTEN's business.
- Injunctive Relief. You acknowledge that any breach, threatened or actual, of this TOU, including, without limitation, with respect to unauthorized use of ATD proprietary assets, will cause irreparable injury to LTEN, such injury would not be quantifiable in monetary damages, and LTEN would not have an adequate remedy at law. You therefore agree that LTEN shall be entitled, in addition to other available remedies, to seek and be awarded an injunction or other appropriate equitable relief from a court of competent jurisdiction restraining any breach, threatened or actual, of Your obligations under any provision of this TOU. Accordingly, You hereby waive any requirement that LTEN post any bond or other security in the event any injunctive or equitable relief is sought by or awarded to LTEN to enforce any provision of this TOU.
- Term & Termination. This TOU will take effect (or re-take effect) at the moment You check the box certifying that You have read, understand, and agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the Website, register, respond through the Website to a request for information, and/or begin downloading, accessing, or using the Website, whichever is earliest. LTEN reserves the right at any time and on reasonable grounds, which shall include, without limitation, any reasonable belief of fraudulent or unlawful activity or actions or omissions that violate any term or condition of this TOU, to deny Your access to the Website or to any portion thereof in order to protect its name and goodwill, its business, and/or other Users, and this TOU will also terminate automatically if You fail to comply with its terms and conditions, subject to the survival rights of certain provisions identified below. Termination will be effective without notice and may impact Your membership status with LTEN. You may also terminate this TOU at any time by ceasing to use the Website, but all applicable provisions of this TOU will survive termination, as identified below, and each re-access or use of the Website will reapply this TOU (then in effect) to You. Upon termination, You must destroy all copies of any aspect of the Website in Your possession. The provisions concerning LTEN's proprietary rights, feedback, disclaimers of warranty, limitations of liability, waiver and severability, entire agreement, injunctive relief, and governing law will survive the termination of this TOU for any reason.
- Waiver & Severability. Failure to insist on strict performance of any of the terms and conditions of this TOU will not operate as a waiver of any subsequent default or failure of performance. No waiver by LTEN of any right under this TOU will be deemed to be either a waiver of any other right or provision or a waiver of that same right or provision at any other time. If any part of this TOU is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and the liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most clearly matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of this TOU shall continue in effect.
- Entire Agreement. No joint venture, partnership, employment, affiliate, or agency relationship exists between You and LTEN as result of this TOU or Your utilization of the Website. This TOU represents the entire agreement between You and LTEN with respect to use of the Website, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written between You and LTEN with respect to the Website. You may not assign or transfer any rights under this TOU without the prior written consent of LTEN. Please note that LTEN reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of this TOU by posting a revised TOU or mailing and/or e-mailing notice thereof to You. In addition, LTEN may add, modify, or delete any aspect, program, or feature of the Website, but LTEN is not under any obligation to add any upgrade, enhancement, or modification. Your continued use of the Website following any announced change will be conclusively deemed acceptance of any change to the terms and conditions of this TOU. Accordingly, please review the TOU found at this location on a periodic basis.
Effective Date:June 2018
- Information We Collect.
- Technical Information gathered automatically. When you browse our Website without registering or signing in, you do so anonymously. Generic information from server logs is used to track the number of hits to the Website and to find out what types of browser software and operating systems visitors use.
- Personal Information you provide to us. On various pages of the Website, you will have an opportunity to provide information to us about yourself, such as your name, address, place of employment, job title, photograph, phone number, and email address. You may provide this information when you register with the Website or send a message on the Website. In addition, when you register on our Website or send a message on the Website, your personally identifiable information, including your email, will be added to our customer database and distribution list.
- Financial Information: LTEN may collect credit or debit card information to facilitate a transaction.
- Use of Information. Parts of the Website are informational in nature and publicly available to all users. Consequently, until you participate in surveys, chats, programs, or events, create an account on the Website, join LTEN to become a member, and/or register your name for networking with or request information from LTEN, you are able to browse the Website without providing any personally identifiable information, although your browser may tell us what type of computer and operating system you are using as well as other kinds of technical information. Below, LTEN sets forth more detail on how LTEN uses your personally identifiable information.
The Website may also allow you to create a customer or member profile (“Profile”) and participate in Online Communities. You have choices about the information you include in your Profile, such as your job title and photograph. LTEN wishes to remind you that any information you disclose in your Profile or in a communication forum, including any personally identifiable information, could become public information and visible to all LTEN members. You may opt out of making such information public by logging into www.L-TEN.org and adjusting the privacy settings of your Profile.
- Demographic Information: LTEN may share demographic data on an aggregated basis, which will not identify any particular user, with LTEN's members, partners and affiliates and for advertising or other technical or business purposes.
- Financial Information: LTEN will use financial information to facilitate the order of a service or other identified transactions.
- Survey Results: LTEN may share survey results collected through the Website with its business partners, members, and affiliates and/or the general public, the news media, and with the U.S. Government and state governments, not only for business or marketing purposes or as may be required by law, but also to participate in government programs and initiatives.
- Technical Information: LTEN will use this information to facilitate educational opportunities, provide content, participation, or otherwise allow access to or use of certain information, tools, or features and for improving the Website’s performance, usability, and design. ATD may also use technical information to help diagnose problems with LTEN's servers, analyze Website usage trends, track user movements on the Website, and to otherwise manage and monitor the Website.
- Legal Action: LTEN may disclose personally identifiable information when legally required to do so in accordance with government requests or regulations or legal proceedings. LTEN may also disclose personally identifiable information to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Website or as is otherwise required to limit legal liability, protect or defend LTEN's rights, property, or interests, or protect the safety, rights, or property of LTEN’s users.
- Children’s Privacy. LTEN cares about the safety of children on the Website and encourages parents and guardians to monitor their children’s use of the Internet. Although the Website is suitable for a general audience, this Website is intended for use only by users who are over 18 years of age. Accordingly, LTEN does not knowingly solicit personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18 and reserves the right to limit participation in particular activities on or through Website to individuals above a certain age.
- Collection of Information by Third-Party Websites. We sometimes may offer content (e.g., promotions) that is sponsored by or co-branded with an identified third party. In these instances, the third party may obtain information that you voluntarily submit to participate in a Website activity. We have no control over the third party’s use of this information. The Website will notify you at the time of information collection if a third party will obtain such information.
- Your Choices. We may use the personally identifiable information we collect from you to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you. LTEN makes its customer, conference attendee, networking or course registrant and some webcast registrant lists available to other reputable organizations whose products or offerings may be of interest to the LTEN community. If you would like to opt out of receiving these materials (electronic or hard copy), you may contact LTEN directly by email at info@L-TEN.org or by following the unsubscribe instructions of the communication received. Additionally, you may select the content and offerings you wish to receive. To select your preferences, see the “Members” section of www.L-TEN.org and select the Update Your Profile option from the dropdown menu. Once logged in, you'll be directed to your profile page where you will select “Profile” and “Information & Settings.”
Please note: all new and renewing LTENmembers will receive a welcome and orientation email from LTEN explaining how to access member-only benefits and content.
- Data Security. We have implemented commercially reasonable technical and organizational security measures to protect personally identifiable information submitted to us against accidental loss, unauthorized access, misuse, disclosure or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our Website that is under our control. Please be aware, however, that no method of data transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic data storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee the absolute security, integrity, and privacy of any or all information exchanged between you and us through the Website. We make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent unauthorized access to or use of your personally identifiable information.
- California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Website who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at the address below.
- Contacting Us. Comments or questions can be directed to the Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network by using our contact information. We will respond to reasonable requests (as determined by Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network staff) for information as rapidly as possible, subject to both our discretion and legal limitations. You may write to us at:
Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network
Attention: Director, Member Services
4423 Pheasant Ridge Road, Ste. 100
Roanoke, VA 24014
Terms of Sale & Subscription
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE FOLLOWING.
Virtual Content and Recordings
Access to LTEN virtual content, including conference session recordings, member-only videos, webinars, or any other type of recorded or live presentation made available is copyright LTEN (unless otherwise noted) and is for individual use and viewing only.
Dates and times are subject to change. If the details of the event change (such as a time change), you will be notified through email.
Virtual content and recordings purchase and access is single use only. Sharing of account or login information is not permitted. Multiple computers accessing a webinar, virtual conference, eLearning Lounge module simultaneously from the same account is not permitted. Questions on enterprise access to LTEN content or membership can be directed to the LTEN member services team by email: info@L-TEN.org
Typographical Product Errors
In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error or error in pricing or product information received from our suppliers, LTEN shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, LTEN shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge.
Product Order Acceptance Policy
Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order for a product from the LTEN Web site, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell any product from the LTEN Web site. LTEN reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for a product for any reason. LTEN reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order, without prior notice to you, to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item. All orders placed over $2000.00 (U.S.) must obtain pre-approval with an acceptable method of payment, as established by our finance department. We may require additional verifications or information before accepting any order.
LTEN shall automatically charge and withhold the applicable sales tax for orders to be delivered to addresses within Virginia. Each customer shall be solely responsible for all sales taxes, or other taxes, on orders shipped to any other state.
All of LTEN's products available for sale through the LTEN web site are guaranteed against defects for 30 days from the date of sale/invoice. Except as expressly stated herein, LTEN makes no representations or warranties either expressed or implied, of any kind with respect to products sold on the LTEN site, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. You agree that the sole and exclusive maximum liability to LTEN arising from any product sold on the LTEN sites shall be the price of the product ordered. In no event shall LTEN, its directors, officers, employees, or other representatives be liable for special, indirect, consequential, or punitive damages related to product(s) sold.
LTEN Program Cancellation and Transfer Policies
All Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network (LTEN) event registration cancellation, transfer, refund, and/or voucher requests must be received in writing by LTEN ten business days prior to the start of the event. LTEN will issue a full refund for cancellations received in writing ten business days prior to the event less a $250 administrative fee. LTEN also offers the option to transfer the registration to a co‐worker at any time, or receive a voucher to attend another LTEN event. Vouchers will remain valid for one year from the issue date. Nine business days prior to the event LTEN will issue a refund of $500 for cancellations requests not interested in obtaining a transfer or a voucher. No refunds, credit vouchers, or transfers will be issued for no‐shows, or for those LTEN did not receive written requests to alter their registration prior to the day of the event. This includes cancellations due to weather, travel delays, or other causes. LTEN recommends that registrants allow for unexpected delays when making travel plans. To receive a refund or voucher, please email your request to Christine Gaudet at cgaudet@L‐TEN.org. Please note: If LTEN cancels an event, we are not responsible for non‐refundable travel arrangements including air, hotel, or other travel costs made by the participants.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Takedown Policy
The Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network (“LTEN,” also identified herein as “we” or “us”) respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects others to do the same. Accordingly, it is LTEN's policy to respond to a notice of alleged infringement that complies with U.S. Copyright Law, and in particular, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. 512 (the “DMCA”). If you (with end users, claimants, or visitors identified herein as “You”) believe that any materials made accessible by LTEN have been used or copied in a way that infringes Your copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights, You may request removal of those materials from the LTEN website or any other digital properties owned and operated by LTEN (referred to collectively as the “Website”) by providing written notice to LTEN’s designated agent as specified below along with the following information:
- A signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest that is allegedly infringed;
- A description, in reasonable detail (including any applicable URL address), of the copyrighted work that You claim has been infringed;
- A description, in reasonable detail, of where the material that You claim is infringing is located on the Website;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by You that You have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by You, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in Your written notice is accurate and that You are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
FAILURE TO INCLUDE ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION, ESPECIALLY SPECIFIC URLS WHERE CONTENT MAY BE FOUND, WILL RESULT IN A DELAY IN THE PROCESSING OF YOUR DMCA NOTIFICATION AND MAY RESULT IN YOU HAVING TO REPEAT SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE PROCESS. ATD WILL NOT TAKE RESPONSIVE ACTION TO REMOVE CONTENT UNTIL ALL OF THE NECESSARY INFORMATION IS PROVIDED.
Notice And Takedown. If LTEN receives proper notification of claimed copyright infringement, it will respond expeditiously by removing, or disabling access to, the material that is claimed to be infringing, as described below, or to be the subject of infringing activity. LTEN will also comply with the appropriate provisions of the DMCA in the event a counter-notification is received, as further described below. In addition, LTEN may, at its discretion, deny access to its Website by disablement and/or termination of accounts.
Designated Agent. LTEN's designated copyright agent to receive DMCA notices is Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network
Director of Marketing Communications
Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network (LTEN)
4423 Pheasant Ridge Road, Ste. 100
Roanoke, VA 24014
Upon receipt of proper notification of claimed infringement, LTEN will follow the procedures outlined herein.
Copyright Counter-Notices. If LTEN terminates or suspends Your access to or use of the Website, LTEN will make a good-faith attempt (as warranted) to contact You so that You may make a counter notification pursuant to applicable laws. It is LTEN's policy to document all notices of alleged infringement upon which LTEN decides to take action. If content You posted on the Website was removed due to a claim(s) of copyright or intellectual property infringement and You would like to dispute that removal, the process for counter-notifications is governed by Section 512(g) of the DMCA:
- To file a counter-notification with us, You must provide a written communication that sets forth the items specified below.
- Please note that under Section 512(f) of the DMCA, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability, including, but not limited to, attorney’s fees and costs. Please also be advised that we enforce a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users (and removal of content from users) who are infringers. Accordingly, if You are not sure whether certain material infringes the copyrights of others, we suggest that You first contact an attorney.
Elements of Counter-Notification. To expedite our ability to process Your counter-notification, please use the following format (including section numbers):
- Identify the specific URLs of material that LTEN has removed or to which LTEN has disabled access.
- Provide Your full name, address, telephone number, email address and, if You are a member or customer of LTEN, your member or customer number.
- Provide a statement that You consent to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and that You will accept service of process from the person who provided notification to LTEN in accordance with the process outlined above or an agent of such person.
- Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or mis-identification of the material to be removed or disabled.”
- Sign the notice. If You are providing notice by email, a scanned physical signature or a valid electronic signature will be accepted. Send the communication to the designated copyright agent listed above.
After we receive Your counter-notification, we will forward it to the party who submitted the original claim of copyright infringement. Please note that when we forward the counter-notification, it may include any of Your identifying information set forth in the counter-notification. By submitting a counter-notification, You therefore consent to having such identifying information revealed in this way.
After we send out the counter-notification, the claimant must then notify us within ten (10) days that he or she has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain You from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the Website. If we receive such notification, we will be unable to restore the items. If we do not receive such notification, we may, but are not obligated to, reinstate the disputed item(s).
Foreign Counter-Notification. If You reside outside of the United States, please understand that filing a counter-notice may lead to legal proceedings between You and the complaining party to determine ownership. Therefore, please be aware that there may be adverse legal consequences in Your country and/or the United States of America if You make a false or bad faith allegation by using this process. Please also be advised that we enforce a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users who are infringers. So, if You are not sure whether content You posted on the Website is being infringed, or are otherwise unsure of whether to file a counter-notification using these procedures, we recommend You first contact a lawyer knowledgeable in the laws of the United States. If You do wish to file a counter-notice, You should follow the process set forth above under the heading “Elements of Counter-Notification.”
Current Contests: 2018 LTEN Conference Survey
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state, regional, provincial, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
The 2018 LTEN Conference Survey promotion begins on June 14, 2018 at 8 am ET and ends on July 13, 2018 at 5pm ET (the "Promotion Period").
LTEN’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
Eligibility:The chance to win one of the Amazon giftcards (collectively the "Promotion"), is open to individuals who are 18 years old or the age of majority at his/her respective place of residency as of the date of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of LTEN("Sponsor") or any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
- Sponsor: Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network (LTEN) at 4423 Pheasant Ridge Road, Ste. 100, Roanoke, VA 24014.
- How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, LTEN members who complete the 2018 LTEN Annual Conference Survey will be entered with one (1) entry into the drawing for the Promotion. You must provide all required information to be eligible to enter and win. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. Limit: LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the contestant. No copies, facsimiles, or mechanical reproductions of the Entry Form will be accepted. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of plays and/or entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that participant's plays and/or entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win. You must complete all required information to be eligible to enter. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified.
Verification of Potential Winners: All potential WINNERS are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility HAS been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
- Selection of Winners: On or after July 16, 2018, the Sponsor will select the name of a potential winner in a random drawing from among all entries received. The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received. For each contest, the potential Winner will be notified via email. Except where legally prohibited, each potential Grand Prize winner must sign and return, within seven (7) days of being notified, a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release or Declaration of Compliance in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential Winner cannot be contacted in person via email, after the first attempt to contact him/her, or if he/she fails to sign and return the Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release or Declaration of Compliance within the required time period, or in the event that a potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only two (2) alternate drawings will be held, after which any remaining prizes will remain un-awarded.
- Prize:The prize for the 2018 LTEN Annual Conference survey are one of five Amazon gift cards valued at US$25.
- PRIZE RESTRICTIONS:Limit one (1) prize per person, per household. Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to, change of air travel fees, ground transportation, automobile insurance, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees and/or other expenses, are the responsibility solely of winner. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize(s). Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Contest. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Promotion is governed by the laws of the United States. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion.Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware);technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, the website, and/or the legitimate operation of the Promotion; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Promotion (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Promotion or suspend the Promotion to address the impairment and then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
PUBLICITY; LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANT AGREES THAT SPONSOR, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION OR IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Alexandria, Virginia or the appropriate State Court located in Alexandria, Virginia; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- OFFICIAL RULES: For a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by July 6, 2018 to: LTEN at 4423 Pheasant Ridge Road, Ste. 100, Roanoke, VA 24014. Vermont residents may exclude return postage.
*LTEN is not affiliated with nor endorsed by Amazon.
©2018 Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network (LTEN)
Meeting Participant Code of Conduct
Effective Date:July 2018
LTEN is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and LTEN staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, LTEN staff, service providers, and others are expected to abide by this Meeting Safety & Responsibility Policy. This Policy applies to all LTEN meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than LTEN but held in conjunction with LTEN events, in public or private facilities.
At most LTEN networking events both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are served. LTEN expects participants at our events to drink responsibly. LTEN and Meeting host event staff have the right to deny service to participants for any reason, and may require a participant to leave the event.
Personal Safety and Security
LTEN works diligently to provide a safe and secure environment at its meetings and events by working with venue staff to make sure meeting participants are safe. We ask that all attendees report any questionable or concerning activity to LTEN staff so that they can take immediate action. No concern is too small, if you see something, say something.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Use the buddy system when walking to and from the event venue, networking event locations during early or late hours.
- Don’t wear your meeting badge on the street. Take it off as soon as you leave the building/venue.
- Don’t carry a lot of cash or credit cards. Leave in your hotel room safe.
- Don’t leave personal property unattended anywhere, anytime.
If it is an emergency or if you need immediate assistance, you should ask any LTEN staff member or the on-site security personnel to help you.
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Physical or verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, LTEN staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Examples of unacceptable behavior include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, LTEN staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations at sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by LTEN at the meeting venue, hotels, or other LTEN-contracted facilities.
LTEN has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, LTEN asks that you inform either Dawn Brehm at dbrehm@L-TEN.org or Christine Gaudet at cgaudet@L-TEN.org so that we can take the appropriate action.
LTEN reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and LTEN reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting.