3rd Annual LTEN Excellence Award Winners Announced
Monday, June 12, 2017
Posted by: Nannette Nolan
3rd Annual LTEN Excellence Award Winners Announced
AdMed, AstraZeneca, Biogen, Bayer HealthCare IC Axon, Red Nucleus and Teva Among Those Receiving Top Honors
Roanoke, VA, June 8, 2017 ̶ The Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network (LTEN) has announced winners for its third annual LTEN Excellence Awards competition, honoring best-in-class learning and development initiatives within the life sciences. This year’s winners were recognized on Wednesday, June 7, in Nashville, TN, at the 46th LTEN Annual Conference (www.LTENconference.com), the largest gathering of life science trainers and educators in the United States.
Among the companies honored with LTEN Excellence Awards this year were AdMed, AstraZeneca, Biogen, Bayer HealthCare IC Axon, Red Nucleus and Teva Pharmaceuticals. Award entries were submitted in training innovation, learning content, partnerships, leadership, and training teams.
"It’s an honor to recognize the best and the brightest training people, programs and providers with the LTEN Excellence Awards," said Dawn Brehm, LTEN executive director. "We had a record number of entrants in this year’s awards program, and our judges had a tough task of selecting winners and finalists from so many worthy nominees. LTEN congratulates everyone involved this year for providing such quality work, support, innovation and excellence to their companies and clients."
The winners of the 2017 LTEN Excellence Awards are:
Practitioner Awards Winners:
- AstraZeneca, Commercial Learning & Development Immuno-Oncology
o Team Members: Carrie Schaal, Director Commercial Learning & Development Oncology; Ryan Obringer, Immuno-Oncology Training Manager; Kenneth Taverner, Medical Information Trainer; Arthur Pearlstein, Diagnostics Trainer; Doug Deal, Senior Trainer; Joshua Lenhardt, Trainer; Heather Ferguson, Trainer; Jodi Taylor, Trainer; Kara Rubin, Trainer; Ronnie Snyder, Nurse Educator Trainer; Mary Berrier, Program Manager; and Virginia Wills, Associate Project Manager
- ·Heather Katz, Associate Director, Sales Training, Corporate and Government Customers, Bayer HealthCare
- Angelo (AJ) Valeri, Assoc Director, Commercial Operations, Biogen
- Teva Pharmaceuticals, Commercial Learning & Development, Jenny Bryan
Provider Awards Winners:
In addition to awards that recognize the work of members, LTEN announced the Members of Year, recognized for their volunteerism and support of the LTEN Mission and contributions to the LTEN member community.
The 2017 Members of the Year are:
- Alison Quinn, Associate Director, Worldwide Product and Therapeutic Sales Training, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- David Brin, Director, Enterprise Solution Selling, Abbott
- Derek Lundsten, CEO, Scrimmage
- Shaun McMahon, President and Founder, Illuminate
Brehm added, “Without dedicated members and volunteers, LTEN could not support the growth of the organization and its members.”
The Excellence Awards is the premier awards program in the United States recognizing innovation and leadership within the life sciences training and development community. Through the LTEN Excellence Awards competition, practitioners and suppliers enter learning initiatives and training content for recognition of excellence. Finalists are selected by a diverse group of life sciences training experts and thought leaders.
The judging panel for the 2017 awards was comprised of experienced professionals working in the life sciences education and training field:
The LTEN Excellence Awards was designed and developed in partnership with the LTEN Advisory Council. The judging panel was comprised experienced professionals working in the life sciences education and training field:
- Ashley Bentley, Vice President, Commercial Training, Baxter Healthcare; LTEN Board of Directors
- Michael Capaldi, AVP, Civic Action, Sponsorships, Education & Compliance, Sanofi U.S.; LTEN Board Past President (2010-2011)
- Amity Cutaia, Director, Commercial Learning and Development, Astellas Pharma US; LTEN Advisory Council
- Joe Delosa, North America Skills Trainer, Pfizer; LTEN Advisory Council
- Tim Kern, Global Commercial Operations, North America Training Lead, Pfizer; LTEN Editorial Board
- William Magagna, Vice President (HC SV CS APP VES), Siemens Healthineers; LTEN Board of Directors
- Mary Myers, Director of Training, Bayer HealthCare; LTEN Board President (2016-2017)
- Alison Quinn, Associate Director, Worldwide Product and Therapeutic Sales Training, Bristol-Myers Squibb; LTEN Advisory Council
- Steve Rauschkolb, Sr. Director, Learning & Development - Commercial Solutions, Quintiles; LTEN Board Past President (2001- 2005); LTEN Editorial Board Advisory Council
The winners and finalists of the 3rd Annual LTEN Excellence Awards will be spotlighted in a special digital issue of LTEN Focus on Training magazine, posting in August 2017. For more information on the LTEN Excellence Awards, please visit www.L-TEN.org/awards.
The Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network (www.L-TEN.org) is the only 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting the professional goals of trainers and educators in the life sciences by providing the clarity, community and career resources needed to excel in leadership and learning. Founded in 1971, LTEN has grown to over 1,800 individual members who work in pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostic companies.
For more information contact Nannette Nolan, LTEN director of marketing communications at nnolan@L-TEN.org.