Finalists Set for 6th Annual LTEN Excellence Awards
Tuesday, May 5, 2020
Posted by: Nannette Nolan
Roanoke, VA, May 5, 2020 – Finalists have been announced for the 6th Annual LTEN Excellence Awards, a national competition that recognizes the innovative and inspiring work of life sciences training professionals. The LTEN Excellence Award winners will be announced live at a June 9 ceremony during the LTEN Connect Virtual Learning Forum.
The awards are presented and sponsored by the Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network (LTEN), the world’s largest professional association of life sciences trainers and educators. The LTEN Excellence Awards honors life sciences training professionals in eight categories, including a new category, Non-Commercial Training Efficiency, which recognizes excellence in non-commercial/GxP training.
Awards are presented to both primary market ("practitioners") and training supplier ("providers") companies and professionals. LTEN Members of the Year in both categories are chosen by the LTEN Board of Directors. A panel of life sciences training leaders serves as judges for the competitive categories.
"While we won’t be gathering for the live LTEN Annual Conference this year, we’re still committed to recognizing and honoring the LTEN members and training industry leaders who so richly deserve it," said Dawn Brehm, executive director of LTEN. "We look forward to our virtual awards ceremony at the LTEN Connect event, where we’ll also be honoring our LTEN Hall of Fame inductees and recognizing the winners of our first field training scholarships for LTEN events."
The finalists for the 6th Annual LTEN Excellence Awards are:
Practitioners All-Star Teams:
- Abbott EP Education, Abbott
- Amgen Global Learning & Performance Team, Amgen
- The Americas’ Commercial Training Team, Baxter International
- Novartis Market Access and Patient Specialty Services, Novartis
- SK Training Team, SK Life Science, Inc.
- The Sysmex Center for Learning, Sysmex America
Practitioners Emerging Leaders:
- Jerad Abbott, AbbVie
- Richard "Brad" Rzendzian, Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson
- Amanda Harris, Johnson & Johnson Medical Device
- Andria Cox, Sanofi
- Tiffani Higgins, Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Gilbert Marchany III, AbbVie
- John Broadwell, Biohaven
- Tara Leahy, Daiichi-Sankyo & Vernon Watt, AstraZeneca (co-finalists)
- Lauren Griffey, Jazz Pharmaceuticals
- Katrina Church, Merz North America
- Sarah Pinson, UCB
Inaugural Practitioners Non-Commercial Training Efficiency:
- Kelly Rebmann, Sanofi Pasteur
Practitioners Training for Change:
- Barbara Pattullo, Genentech
- Missy Lay, Grifols
- Sandoz Team, Sandoz
- Terah Benjamin, Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- Commercial Training & Development Team, Teva Pharmaceuticals
Field Trainer Scholarship Winners:
- Julie Fassel, AstraZeneca
- Rosa Hanks, Cooper Surgical
Providers Industry Partnership:
- ACTO with Axiom and AstraZeneca
- IC Axon, a Division of GP Strategies with Novartis
- Proficient Learning with Chiesi USA
- Scrimmage with Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Unboxed Training & Technology with GlaxoSmithKline
- CMR Institute
- Matrix Achievement
Providers Learning Content:
- IC Axon, a Division of GP Strategies
- Tipping Point Media
For more information on the LTEN Excellence Awards and to view past winners, visit www.LTENconference.com.