Celebrating 50 Years of Excellence
Roanoke, VA, May 10, 2021 – Finalists have been announced for the 7th Annual LTEN Excellence Awards, which recognizes innovative and inspiring work done by life sciences training professionals at pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and diagnostics companies (“practitioners”) and by training industry partner companies (“providers”).
The LTEN Excellence Award winners will be announced at a special virtual ceremony beginning at 6 p.m. ET on Wednesday, June 9, 2021. Awards will be presented in all categories except LTEN Members of the Year, which will be presented along with LTEN Hall of Fame inductions, at the 50th LTEN Annual Conference. That hybrid in-person/virtual conference will take place November 8-11 at the Gaylord Rockies in Denver, CO.
Finalists in the other eight competitive categories in the annual awards program will be honored at the ceremony. Special recognition also will be given to recipients of the 2nd Annual LTEN Field Trainer Scholarships. Learn more about the finalists, field trainer scholarship, and virtual ceremony in the summer edition of LTEN Focus On Training magazine.
The Excellence Awards finalists were determined from a record-setting number of award entries, by panels of life sciences training leaders serving as judges. The Field Trainer Scholarship program is administered by the LTEN Field Training Committee, which recommends scholarship recipients to the LTEN Board of Directors.
“Even in the midst of last year’s turmoil – and maybe because of it – the number of innovative, incredible training programs and training professionals deserving to be honored grew this year,” said Dawn Brehm, executive director of LTEN. “The quality and creativity of the work done this past year was phenomenal, creating a very difficult task for our judges and our scholarship committee. It’s truly an honor to recognize the cream of an impressive crop this year.”
The finalists for the 7th Annual LTEN Excellence Awards are listed below.
The Trainers & Training Teams awards category finalists (Practitioners) are:
- Customer Services Education / Siemens Healthineers
- Endo All Star Team / Endo Pharmaceuticals
- Field Training & Leader Development / Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- GCO Learning & Performance Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging Council / Amgen
- Neuroscience Account Associate Development Team / SK Life Science
- The Superhero Janssen Immunology Sales Learning & Development Team / Janssen (J&J)
- Mike Amato / Dermira, a Subsidiary of Eli Lilly and Company
- Monica Gillison / SK Life Science
- Tracy Rubietta / Seagen
- Brett Smith / Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Ashlee Wilkins / Genentech
- Kristina Frank & Alyson Peipert / Amgen
- Susan Hendrich / AstraZeneca
- Project Lighthouse / Boehringer Ingelheim
- Jessica Hutchins / Chiesi USA
- Neil Tibayan / Medtronic
- Robyn Sachnoff / Teva Pharmaceuticals
Non-Commercial Training Efficiency:
Join us on June 9 to unveil the winner of this special category. This award recognizes projects, initiatives or technology implementations that help increase efficiencies of non-commercial training while leaving resources and bandwidth to be re-allocated to develop staff in a value-added way.
Training for Change:
- Global Commercial L&P Operations & Technology Team / Amgen
- Global Commercial Training & Education (GCT&E) Team / Smith & Nephew (S&N)
- Sunovion Virtual Field Leadership Summit / Sunovion
- Future Focused Capabilities / Takeda Pharmaceutical
- Rachael Conway / UCB
The Industry Partner awards category finalists (Providers) are:
- AdMed & Merck
- BI Worldwide & Novartis
- Bull City Blue & AbbVie Canada
- CMR Institute & Bristol Myers Squibb
- Ignite Selling & Olympus
- Red Nucleus & AstraZeneca
- TiER1 Performance & Genentech
- CMR Institute
- GP Strategies
- OPEN Health
This year’s field trainer scholarship finalists are listed below. The two scholarship recipients will be announced at the awards ceremony.
- Catherine Iaquez / Sanofi
- Ann Marie Malotke / AstraZeneca
- Shawn Nordquist / Alnylam Pharmaceuticals
- Kendra Short / Sanofi
- Michael Tomlinson / Eisai
A number of LTEN resources are available at www.L-TEN.org/awards to help you familiarize yourself with the LTEN Excellence Awards, including:
- Links to previous winners
- Links to poster sessions spotlighting winners and finalists
- LTEN Focus on Training magazine issues highlighting award winners and finalists
- Links to information on the LTEN Field Training Scholarships, presented in conjunction with the LTEN Excellence Awards
The June 9 LTEN Excellence Awards ceremony will be free, but you’re encouraged to pre-register to ensure a seat at the special event. To pre-register, please visit L-TEN.org/awards_night.
The Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network (www.L-TEN.org) is the only global 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization specializing in meeting the needs of life sciences learning professionals. LTEN shares the knowledge of industry leaders, provides insight into new technologies, offers innovative solutions and communities of practice that grow careers and organizational capabilities. Founded in 1971, LTEN has grown to more than 2,100 individual members who work in pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostic companies, and industry partners who support the life sciences training departments.
For more information contact Nannette Nolan, LTEN director of marketing communications, at nnolan@L-TEN.org.