2021 Practitioner Finalists
Practitioner Finalists – By Tim Sosbe
The judges of the 7th Annual LTEN Excellence Awards had a tough task, with incredible work entered in the eight competitive categories honored at the June 9 ceremony. This year’s finalists could easily have been this year’s winners, as across the board their work was impressive, innovative and effective.
Also at the ceremony, the 2nd Annual LTEN Field Trainer Scholarships were given away, with several finalists also in contention.
It’s an honor to introduce you to the finalists in the practitioner categories for the 7th Annual LTEN Excellence Awards, as well as the Field Trainer Scholarship finalists. They’re listed below, and many of them shared posters of their awardworthy work in the pages following this one.
- GCO Learning & Performance Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging Council, Amgen: Accelerated systemic change to create diversity, inclusion and belonging.
- Endo All Star Team, Endo Pharmaceuticals: Harnessed vision & commitment to create the national sales meeting.
- The Superhero Janssen Immunology Sales Learning & Development Team, Janssen (J&J): Quickly transitioned an inperson event to a virtual product launch.
- Customer Services Education, Siemens Healthineers: Organized employees to provide customers with holistic and digital solutions.
- Field Training & Leader Development, Takeda Pharmaceutical: Developed
rolespecific field competencies.
- Mike Amato, Dermira, a Subsidiary of Eli Lilly and Co.: Supported organizational mission, culture and training.
- Monica Gillison, SK Life Science: Utilized her pioneering spirit to exceed expectations.
- Tracy Rubietta, Seagen: Accelerated a product launch timeline.
- Ashlee Wilkins, Genentech: Applied curiosity to find creative solutions.
Training for Change
- Global Commercial L&P Operations & Technology Team, Amgen: Launched a new way to connect users and share content.
- Global Commercial Training & Education (GCT&E) Team, Smith & Nephew: Shaped a three-year commercial training strategy.
- Future Focused Capabilities, Takeda Pharmaceutical: Guided learning strategies after an acquisition.
- Rachael Conway, UCB: Executed a 4-day global onboarding event.
- Kristina Frank & Alyson Peipert, Amgen: Provided individualized content to empower learners.
- Project Lighthouse, Boehringer Ingelheim: Met the needs of multiple audiences using virtual engagement.
- Robyn Sachnoff, Teva Pharmaceuticals: Enhanced market access training enterprisewide.
- Neil Tibayan, Medtronic: Transformed an in-person training session to a
Field Trainer Scholarships:
- Catherine Iaquez, Sanofi: Co-led a project to support Certified Field Trainers.
- Ann Marie Malotke, AstraZeneca: Innovated approach to Key Account Management.
- Kendra Short, Sanofi: Co-led a project to support Certified Field Trainers.
Tim Sosbe is editorial director for LTEN. Email Tim at tsosbe@L-TEN.org.