Please review the LTEN Event Cancellation Policy prior to registering. Click on your browser's back button to return to this event page.
Registration Fee: $1,895 for Members / $2,094 Non-Member (includes LTEN Membership Dues)
Facilitation Essentials & Adult Learning Concepts
The LTEN PrimeTime for Trainers course is about developing the most practical, applicable, and effective skills for creating positive classroom experiences and helps trainers understand their role in driving business results in the field. The course incorporates all the right elements: adult learning principles, training tools and technologies, facilitation skills that engage learners in a safe environment.
In addition, our facilitators specialize in working with trainers on management development and sales training in the pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and medical diagnostic industries bringing complete relevance to the course and an understanding of the challenges and issues of our industry.
September 14 - Session I (~ 3 hours) - Start time 1:00 PM EDT
- Role Clarity
- Facilitating vs. Presenting
- "Assisting in the Exploration" of content
- Understanding Trainer relationship with "Power"
- Instructional Design Essentials
- The "4 Ps" and how they guide us in crafting the learning experience
- Adult Learning Principles
- What to keep in mind as we create a learning experience
September 15 - Session II (~2 hours) - Start time 1:00 PM EDT
- Learning Styles
- Main learning styles and adjustments Trainers can make
- Compelling Openings (with practice!)
- Audience Analysis prior to facilitation
- Securing Audience attention
- Quasi-Formula for creating Compelling Openings (and a delivery opportunity!)
- Maximizing Questioning
- Three critical "buckets" of types of questions most useful for facilitating
- Practice crafting questions
September 17 - Session III (~90 min - 2 hours) - Start time 1:00 PM EDT
- Platform/PowerPoint Tips
- Front of the Room (or Camera!): exploring the link between audience needs and Facilitator actions
- Virtual Training Strategies
- Content and discussion around application of curriculum to meet the needs of the "virtual learner"
September 22 - Session IV: Practice Virtual Delivery - Duration and Start Time TBD
Each participant will run a remote learning session of 10-15 minutes in length (this doesn't need to have a beginning, middle, end—just 10-15 minutes of Virtual Facilitation). Participants will handle sending out invites on their platform of choice. It is suggested that Facilitators invite a colleague from their company to serve in the "Producer" role—handling any technical issues, managing chat box, etc.). More details provided in Session III.