March 28-29, 2023, Princeton, NJRegister Today!
- This event has passed.
LTEN 6D’s (Six Disciplines of Breakthrough Learning®) Workshop
March 28 - March 29$1950
A Process to Design, Deliver and Measure Training and Ensure Learning Transfer
Master the Six Disciplines of Breakthrough Learning ®
The 6Ds® Online Workshop is an interactive four-session workshop based on the best-selling Six Disciplines of Breakthrough Learning: How to Turn Training and Development into Business Results, 3rd ed. (Wile The workshop starts with an analysis of what businesses really want from learning and development and the strengths and weaknesses of the current approach. The rest of the workshop consists of exercises and discussions of practical ways to strengthen each link of the learning value chain.
The workshop consists of four 2 ½-hour interactive online sessions. During each session, participants have opportunities to analyze current practices and identify opportunities for improvement. Between sessions, participants are given assignments that require applying the concepts presented. During the four-week learning transfer period between the third and fourth session participants set and work on an application goal of their own. The instructor provides online coaching and assistance throughout.
Each participant receives a 200+ page workbook and an electronic 6Ds toolkit. There is ample time for questions and discussions.
Registration Fee: $1750 for Members / $1950 Non-Member (includes LTEN Membership Dues)
- How the business defines value from training.
- Current state of the profession.
- The two key questions that determine performance improvement.
D1: Define the Business Outcomes
- A four-step method for clarifying what defines success.
- A process for defining outcomes in terms business leaders understand.
D2: Design the Complete Experience
- A discussion of all the factors needed to optimize outcomes.
- Exercises to expand participants’ thinking beyond traditional course boundaries.
- Planning wheel, business knowledge, improve description.
Review of D1, D2, and Intersession Assignments
D3: Deliver for Application
- Application of learning research to bridge the learning-doing gap.
- A process to link each learning initiative to strategic business needs.
D4: Drive Learning Transfer
- Why learning transfer is the weakest link in most training programs.
- Key elements of effective transfer management.
- Value chain, transfer climate scorecard, ideas for improvement.
Review of D1-D4 and Intersession Assignments
- Need to balance accountability and support.
- Sources and systems for performance support.
- Guiding principles for effective evaluation.
- Practice applying these principles.
- Performance support planner, evaluation plan, set and achieve goal for application.
Report-outs by participants on their application projects
The workshop is led by the authors, Andrew Jefferson, J.D., the Chief Executive Officer of the 6Ds Company, and Dr. Roy Pollock, the Chief Learning Officer of The 6Ds Company. Both Roy and Andy have extensive experience in business and training and are frequent international speakers.