Job Profile – Executive Director
Founded in 1971, The Life Science Trainers & Educators Network (LTEN) is a worldwide 501c(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing life sciences training and education. We do this through educational programming, on-demand resources and networking. For more information, please visit www.L-TEN.org
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the organization's consistent achievement of its mission, goals and objectives as established by the Board of Directors. The Executive Director has overall responsibility for the LTEN staff (currently seven team members).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for development and execution of the strategic plan in collaboration with the Board of Directors
- Responsible for development and execution of the annual budget, in collaboration with the Board Treasurer
- Responsible for the monthly fiscal management of the Network including cash flow, expense approvals, past due invoices, performance of investment account
- Hire, develop, and retain high-performing staff
- Manage the process to recruit, develop, and retain a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for ongoing operations
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities
- Oversee membership programs, including acquisition, retention, benefits positioning and alliances that result in overall membership growth and sustainability.
- Work with Board President to develop monthly Board meeting agendas
- Support Board President as he/she leads board meetings
- Responsible for overall operations of the network , to include:
- Produce annual conference and summit
- Review/evaluate the results of program activities
- Allocate resources for greater program effectiveness and efficiency
- Develop organizational and administrative policies for Board consideration
- Ensure marketing, communications, supplier relations, educational and administrative functions operate efficiently and appropriately
- Partner with outsourced functions to ensure contract compliance
- Ensure organization operates with appropriate guidelines as is documented by an annual audit.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Management experience with fiscal accountability
- Experience in the life science or healthcare industries strongly preferred
- Experience in corporate training and education a plus
- Experience working with Board of Directors a plus
- Experience in non-profit operations a plus
- Experience producing conference, summits or events a plus
- Ability to lead teams
- Ability to function at both a strategic and a tactical level
- Business acumen
- High integrity
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Creativity and innovation
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to deliver clear and effective messages to all stakeholders
- Political and organizational sensitivity
- Negotiation skill
- Ability to work and lead remotely
Work remotely with travel to LTEN conferences and board meetings, and staff and member meetings as necessary.
Commensurate with experience (range is $160,000 - $190,000), with an annual bonus based on objectives and performance
SIMPLE IRA with match up to 3% of annual salary, LTEN observes federal holidays, vacation and sick leave as per LTEN policies, LTEN does not provide medical, dental, vision, life or disability but reimburses 80% for coverage acquired up to $1,000 per month.
Interested parties should forward their resume to
Kevin Kruse at email@example.com.