LTEN Announces Finalists in 3rd Annual LTEN Excellence Awards
Wednesday, April 19, 2017
Posted by: Nannette Nolan
Winners and Members of the Year to be announced in Nashville on June 7
Roanoke, VA, April 12, 2017 ̶ Finalists in the 3rd Annual LTEN Excellence Awards, a national competition recognizing innovation and leadership in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device learning and development, were announced today.
Award winners and LTEN Members of the Year will be announced at the 46th LTEN Annual Conference (www.LTENconference.com), the largest gathering of life science trainers and educators in the United States taking place in Nashville, Tennessee on Wednesday, June 7, 2017. Event registration is open.
The awards are presented and sponsored by the Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network (LTEN), the world’s largest professional association of life sciences trainers and educators.
Through the LTEN Excellence Awards competition, practitioners and suppliers enter learning initiatives and training content in various categories for recognition of excellence. The LTEN Excellence Awards was designed and developed in partnership with the LTEN Advisory Council and LTEN Board of Directors. The judging panel was comprised of experienced professionals working in the life sciences education and training field. Finalists are selected by a diverse group of life sciences training experts and thought leaders and, from that group of finalists, one winner is awarded in each category.
Practitioner categories include Emerging Leader, Innovation and All-Star Team. Finalists in the year’s competition within the practitioner (trainer/educator) categories are as follows:
AstraZeneca, Commercial Learning & Development Immuno-Oncology
- Team Members: Carrie Schaal, Director Commercial Learning & Development Oncology; Ryan Obringer, Immuno-Oncology Training Manager; Kenneth Taverner, Medical Information Trainer; Arthur Pearlstein, Diagnostics Trainer; Doug Deal, Senior Trainer; Joshua Lenhardt, Trainer; Heather Ferguson, Trainer; Jodi Taylor, Trainer; Kara Rubin, Trainer; Ronnie Snyder, Nurse Educator Trainer; Mary Berrier, Program Manager; and Virginia Wills, Associate Project Manager
- Team Members: Angela Justice, Chief Learning Officer; Laura Gunn, Director, R&D Learning; Amy Macchietto, Sr Director, Global Therapeutic Operations Learning; Jennifer Gardella, Director, Global Learning; Leslie Mason, Director, Learning Operations and extended team members
Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Ferring Learning Center (FLC)
- Team Members: Lee Corbett, Senior Director, Training and Development; Martin Vandenherik, Associate Director, Market Access Training and Development; Peter Frank, Associate Director, Leadership Development; Russell Pool, Associate Director, Sales and Marketing Training; Kristen Rayder, Senior Manager, Training and Development; Farhan Hafeez, Manager, LMS; Jennifer Kivlehan, Specialist, Training and Development; George Kuri, Associate Manager, Sales Training; and Chris Moffitt, Associate Manager, Sales TrainingGenentech, BioOnc Training Team (BATT)
Janssen Biotech, Sales Learning & Development Team
- Team Members: Michelle Lynch, Sr. Director, Sales Learning & Development; Lisa Schneer, Learning Systems Management; Michelle Rischar, Sr. Administrative Assistant; Felice Ginsburg, Director, Oncology; Paul Wickmann, Sr. Manager, Oncology Access Reimbursement; Kimberly Fields, Manager, Oncology Access Reimbursement; Matt Rowland, Oncology KAM; Geoconda Flores, Manager, Oncology; Heather Geist, Manager, Oncology; Reninca LaBella, Manager, Oncology; Valerie Wright, Manager, Oncology; Ryan O’Hare, Manager, Oncology; Scott Grantizski, Director, Dermatology Rheumatology; Nancy Mueller, Sr. Manager, Dermatology Academic/HSM; Chrystal Watts, Manager, Dermatology; Dennis Kane, Manager, Academic/HSM; Holly Hinkle, Manager, Rheumatology; Carlos Torress, Director, Gastroenterology/Biosimilars/ABS/MDM; Chris Pesapane, Sr. Manager, Gastroenterology; Mary Jane Heir, Manager, Gastroenterology; John Loch, Manager, Gastroenterology; Adam Lewin, Manager, Biosim/SCG Liaison; Steve Nichols, Manager, Gastroenterology; and Scott Rhodes, Manager, ABS/MDM
- Heather Katz, Bayer HealthCare
- Ryan Obringer, AstraZeneca
- Russell Pool, Ferring Pharmaceuticals
- Matt Serre, Genentech
- Heather Swyka, Siemens Healthineers
- Angelo (AJ) Valeri, Biogen
- Astellas Pharma, KAM Organization ~ Chris Abboushi
- Genentech, Commercial Training and Development ~ Chris Hamman
- Grifols ~ Karen Callahan
- Shire, Sales HAE Residency Program (SHARP) ~ Kim Murphy
- Teva Pharmaceuticals, Commercial Learning & Development ~ Jenny Bryan
Provider categories include Innovation, Partnership and Learning Content. Finalists for the provider (training supplier) categories are as follows:
- AdMed ~ Joan Francy
- Axiom ~ Mike Ballas
- Educational Resource Systems (ERS) ~ Gregg Terry
- Red Nucleus ~ Ian Kelly
- ScienceMedia ~ Michelle Youngers
- Scrimmage ~ Derek Lundsten
- CMR Institute ~Michelle O'Connor
- Flywheel Partners ~ Jeff McMahon
- IC Axon ~ Carole Gins
- Red Nucleus ~ Ian Kelly
- Yukon Training ~ Dennis Falci
- BI Worldwide ~ David Mihalik
- CMR Institute ~ Michelle O'Connor
- Guidemark ~ Louise Bright
- HealthAnswers Education ~ Diane Bach
- inVentiv Health Learning Solutions ~ Celeste Mosby and Beth Gay
For more information on the LTEN Excellence Awards, please visit www.LTENconference.com/awards.
The Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network (www.L-TEN.org) is the only 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting the professional goals of trainers and educators in the life sciences by providing the clarity, community and career resources needed to excel in leadership and learning. Founded in 1971, LTEN has grown to more than 1,750 individual members who work in pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostic companies.
For more information, contact Nannette Nolan, LTEN director of marketing communications, at nnolan@L-TEN.org.