2nd Annual LTEN Excellence Award Winners Announced
Friday, June 17, 2016
Posted by: Nannette Nolan
2nd Annual LTEN Excellence Award Winners Announced
Genentech, Bayer, Janssen, Amgen, Depomed and Merz Among Those Receiving Top Honors
Roanoke, VA, June 15, 2016 ̶ The Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network (LTEN) has announced winners for its second annual LTEN Excellence Awards competition, honoring best-in-class learning and development initiatives within the life sciences. This year’s winners were recognized on Wednesday, June 15 in National Harbor, MD, at the 45th LTEN Annual Conference (www.LTENconference.com), the largest gathering of life science trainers and educators in the United States. The ceremony also included the posthumous induction of Gerald “Jerry” Clor and William “Mack” Thompson, two life sciences training veterans, into the LTEN Hall of Fame.
Among the companies honored with LTEN Excellence Awards this year were Genentech, Bayer, Janssen, Amgen, Depomed and Merz. In addition to categories honoring innovation, learning content, partnerships and leadership, the 2016 awards included new categories honoring training teams and Members of the Year for both primary market and supplier organizations.
“LTEN is honored to recognize this year’s stellar crop of Excellence Awards winners for their invaluable contributions to life sciences training and to their individual organizations,” said Dawn Brehm, LTEN executive director. “Each of this year’s record number of nominees were worthy of recognition, and our panel of judges had to make some very tough choices to determine the best and brightest. The addition of the new categories helped us recognize both teamwork and individual contributions to company success and to the life sciences training industry. Congratulations to each nominee, finalist and winner in this year’s awards program.”
The winners of the 2016 LTEN Excellence Awards are:
Members of the Year – Practitioner
- Vicki Colman, Associate Director, Cardiopulmonary Sales Training, Bayer Healthcare
- Glen Drummond, Senior Director, Commercial Learning & Development, Depomed
Members of the Year – Provider
- Yvonne Ash, Regional Vice President, Solution Design, InVentiv Health Learning Solutions
- Merrill Collier, Senior Director, Life Sciences & Health Care, Bluewater
- David Purdy, President, Psychological Consultants, Inc. (PCI)
- Thomas Kiggins, Senior Sales Trainer, Genentech
Industry Partnership Winner
Innovation – Provider
- Bottom-Line Performance
- Red Nucleus
Innovation – Practitioner
Learning Content Winner
The 2nd Annual LTEN Excellence Awards were sponsored by Guidemark Health, www.guidemarkhealth.com. The Excellence Awards is the premier awards program in the United States recognizing innovation and leadership within the life sciences training and development community. Through the LTEN Excellence Awards competition, practitioners and suppliers enter learning initiatives and training content for recognition of excellence. Finalists are selected by a diverse group of life sciences training experts and thought leaders.
The judging panel for the 2016 awards was comprised of experienced professionals working in the life sciences education and training field:
- Greg Adamson, Sr. Director, Education, St. Jude Medical; LTEN Board Director at Large
- Shawn Andrews, Founder and CEO, Andrews Research International; LTEN Advisory Council
- Dawn Brehm, Executive Director, Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network
- David Brin, Director, Enterprise Solution Selling, St. Jude Medical; LTEN Advisory Council
- Michael Capaldi, AVP, Civic Action, Sponsorships, Education & Compliance, Sanofi U.S.; LTEN Board Past President (2010-2011)
- John Constantine, Executive Director & Dean, Merck Polytechnic Institute, and Chair, Asia Training Consortium, Merck; LTEN Board Past President (2006-2007); LTEN Board Director at Large
- Lee M. Corbett, Senior Director, Training and Development, Ferring Pharmaceuticals; LTEN Advisory Council
- Joe Delosa, North America Skills Trainer, Pfizer; LTEN Advisory Council
- Jennifer Dillon-Beem, Director of Commercial Excellence, Technology and Operations, Roche Diagnostics; LTEN Advisory Council
- Glen Drummond, Senior Director, Commercial Learning & Development, Depomed Inc.
- Christine Gaudet, Director of Events, Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network
- Timothy Kern, Global Commercial Operations, North America Training Lead, Pfizer
- Kevin Kruse, President, The Kruse Group; former LTEN Executive Director (2010-2015)
- William Magagna, Director, Education Solutions, Head of Global Product Education, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics; LTEN Board Director at Large
- Jim Page, Associate Director, BioPharma Commercial Training, Sandoz; LTEN Advisory Council
- John Park, Board Member, HBSAANY
- Allison Quinn, Associate Director, Worldwide Product and Therapeutic Sales Training, Bristol-Myers Squibb; LTEN Advisory Council
- Steve Rauschkolb, Sr. Director, Learning & Development, Commercial Solutions, Quintiles; LTEN Board Past President (2001- 2005)
- John Riggle, Senior Manager Operations & Training, Promius Pharma; LTEN Advisory Council
- John Sjovall, Senior Director Commercial Capabilities & Training, Collegium Pharmaceutical; LTEN Immediate Past Board President (2014-2015)
- Tim Sosbe, Editorial Director, LTEN; Editor, Focus Magazine; Former Editorial Director, Chief Learning Officer and Training Industry magazines.
- Mark Wilson, Senior Director, Global Learning Technologies, ResMed; LTEN Advisory Council
For more information on the LTEN Excellence Awards, please visit www.LTENconference.com/awards. Applications for the 2017 awards will open in the fall of 2016.
The Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network (www.L-TEN.org) is the only 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting the professional goals of trainers and educators in the life sciences by providing the clarity, community and career resources needed to excel in leadership and learning. Founded in 1971, LTEN has grown to more than 1,700 individual members who work in pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostic companies.
For more information, contact Nannette Nolan, LTEN director of marketing communications, at nnolan@L-TEN.org.