LTEN Excellence Awards Finalists Announced
Wednesday, March 30, 2016
Posted by: Nannette Nolan
2nd Annual LTEN Excellence Awards Finalists Announced
Roanoke, VA, March 30, 2016 ̶ The Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network (LTEN) today announced the finalists for the 2nd annual LTEN Excellence Awards, which honor best-in-class learning and development initiatives within the life sciences. This year’s winners will be presented with their honors at the 45th LTEN Annual Conference (www.LTENconference.com ), the largest gathering of life science trainers and educators in the United States, on June 15, 2016, at the Gaylord National, National Harbor, Maryland.
"This was a particularly strong year for life sciences training, led by many outstanding leaders, partners and teams that broadened the scope of innovation,” said LTEN Executive Director Dawn Brehm. “We are honored to recognize the individual and teams behind the truly remarkable learning and development solutions and initiatives, and their impact in the field. We look forward to celebrating the winners in June.”
The LTEN Excellence Awards, sponsored by Guidemark Health (www.guidemarkhealth.com), is the premier awards program in the United States recognizing creativity and leadership within the life sciences training and development community. Through the LTEN Excellence Awards competition, practitioners and suppliers enter learning initiatives and training content in various categories for recognition of excellence. Finalists are selected by a diverse group of life sciences training experts and thought leaders and, from that group of finalists, one winner is awarded in each category.
The following practitioner categories seek to recognize individuals, leaders and teams that have “pushed the envelope” in terms of learning and development initiatives. The finalists are as follows:
All-Star Team Finalists
- Bayer Healthcare
- Merz North America
- Zimmer Biomet
Emerging Leader Finalists
- Christian Tittel, AstraZeneca
- Joseph Penna, Bayer Healthcare
- Michelle Runge, Genentech
- Tommy Kiggins, Genentech
- Marianne Ward, Gilead Sciences
- B Braun Medical
- Bayer Healthcare
- Bayer Healthcare
The provider categories will shine a light on the efforts of training partners who deliver innovative, effective learning content, as well as successful industry partnerships. The finalists are listed as follows:
Industry Partnership Finalists
- BlueC Studio
- CMR Institute
- Klick Learning Solutions
Learning Content Finalists
- Guidemark Health
- Impact International
- Informa Training
- inVentiv Health Learning Solutions
- Bottom-Line Performance
- Educational Resource Systems
- Qua Gamification Inc.
- Red Nucleus
The LTEN Excellence Awards was designed and developed in partnership with the LTEN Advisory Council. The judging panel was comprised of experienced professionals working in the life sciences education and training field:
- Greg Adamson, Sr. Director, Education, St. Jude Medical; LTEN Board Director at Large
- Shawn Andrews, www.drshawnandrews.com; LTEN Advisory Council
- Dawn Brehm, Executive Director, Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network
- David Brin, Director, Enterprise Solution Selling, St. Jude Medical; LTEN Advisory Council
- Michael Capaldi, AVP, Civic Action, Sponsorships, Education & Compliance, Sanofi U.S.; LTEN Board Past President (2010-2011)
- John Constantine, Executive Director & Dean, Merck Polytechnic Institute, and Chair, Asia Training Consortium, Merck; LTEN Board Past President (2006-2007); LTEN Board Director at Large
- Lee M. Corbett, Senior Director, Training and Development, Ferring Pharmaceuticals; LTEN Advisory Council
- Joe Delosa, North America Skills Trainer, Pfizer; LTEN Advisory Council
- Jennifer Dillon-Beem, Director of Commercial Excellence, Technology and Operations, Roche Diagnostics; LTEN Advisory Council
- Glen Drummond, Senior Director, Commercial Learning & Development, Depomed Inc.
- Christine Gaudet, Director of Events, Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network
- Timothy Kern, Global Commercial Operations, North America Training Lead, Pfizer
- Kevin Kruse, President, The Kruse Group; former LTEN Executive Director (2010-2015)
- William Magagna, Director, Education Solutions, Head of Global Product Education, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics; LTEN Board Director at Large
- Jim Page, Associate Director, BioPharma Commercial Training, Sandoz; LTEN Advisory Council
- John Park, Senior Director, Learning & Development, Pacira Pharmaceuticals
- Allison Quinn, Associate Director, Worldwide Product and Therapeutic Sales Training, Bristol-Myers Squibb; LTEN Advisory Council
- Steve Rauschkolb, Sr. Director, Learning & Development, Commercial Solutions, Quintiles; LTEN Board Past President (2001- 2005)
- John Riggle, Senior Manager Operations & Training, Promius Pharma; LTEN Advisory Council
- John Sjovall, Senior Director Commercial Capabilities & Training, Collegium Pharmaceutical; LTEN Immediate Past Board President (2014-2015)
- Tim Sosbe, Editorial Director, LTEN; Editor, Focus Magazine; Former Editorial Director, Chief Learning Officer and Training Industry magazines.
- Mark Wilson, Senior Director, Global Learning Technologies, ResMed; LTEN Advisory Council
For more information on the LTEN Excellence Awards, please visit www.LTENconference.com/awards.
The Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network (www.L-TEN.org) is the only 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting the professional goals of trainers and educators in the life sciences by providing the clarity, community and career resources needed to excel in leadership and learning. Founded in 1971, LTEN has grown to more than 1,600 individual members who work in pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostic companies.
For more information, contact Nannette Nolan, LTEN director of marketing communications, at nnolan@L-TEN.org.