1st Annual LTEN Excellence Award Winners Announced
Wednesday, June 3, 2015
Posted by: Nannette Nolan
1st Annual LTEN Excellence Award Winners Announced
AbbVie, Bayer Healthcare, Gilead Sciences, Medtronic, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics, UCB Among Those Receiving Top Honors
Roanoke, VA, June 3, 2015 ̶ The Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network (LTEN) has announced winners for its first annual LTEN Excellence Awards competition, honoring best-in-class learning and development initiatives within the life sciences. This year’s winners were recognized today at the 44th LTEN Annual Conference (www.LTENconference.com ), the largest gathering of life science trainers and educators in the United States taking place in Phoenix, during the morning’s general session.
“Life sciences training and education professionals are critical to the success of their businesses and they deserve recognition for their astounding and impressive creation of high-quality learning content and training initiatives. We are delighted to honor such an impressive group for their efforts as they push the envelope in training and development and ultimately impact patient care,” said Dawn Brehm, LTEN executive director. “The 2015 LTEN Excellence Award judging panel had the enviable but very difficult task of selecting finalists from among so many worthy entries. Congratulations to all of the finalists and winners!”
Practitioner categories include Emerging Leader, Innovation and Pinnacle. Finalists in the year’s competition within the practitioner (trainer/educator) categories include the following: AbbVie , Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Bayer Healthcare, Genentech, Gilead Sciences, Medtronic, Roche, Siemens Healthcare and UCB Pharmaceuticals.
Practitioner Emerging Leader Award Winners:
- Luis Pinzon, Bayer HealthCare
- Dana Bates, Gilead Sciences
- Rorie Madigan, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics
Practitioners – Innovation Winner:
Practitioner – Pinnacle Award Winner:
Provider categories include Innovation, Partnership and Learning Content. Finalists for the provider (training supplier) categories include the following: Advantage Performance Group, Axiom by ApotheCom, Bottom-Line Performance, CMR Institute, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Educational Resource Systems, e-roleplay, Excellerate, HealthAnswers Education, Impact International, Red Nucleus and Small World Social.
Provider – Innovation Winner:
Provider – Learning Content Winner:
Provider – Partnership Winner:
The LTEN Excellence Awards, sponsored by Campbell Alliance Learning Solutions (www.calearningsolutions.com), is the premier awards program in the United States recognizing innovation and leadership within the life sciences training and development community. Through the LTEN Excellence Awards competition, practitioners and suppliers enter learning initiatives and training content in various categories for recognition of excellence. Finalists are selected by a diverse group of life sciences training experts and thought leaders and, from that group of finalists, one winner is awarded in each category.
The LTEN Excellence Awards was designed and developed in partnership with the LTEN Advisory Council. The judging panel was comprised of experienced professionals working in the life sciences education and training field:
- Greg Adamson, Sr. Director, Education, St. Jude Medical; LTEN Board Director at Large
- Shawn Andrews, www.drshawnandrews.com; LTEN Advisory Council
- David Brin, Director, Enterprise Solution Selling, St. Jude Medical; LTEN Advisory Council
- Michael Capaldi, AVP, Civic Action, Sponsorships, Education & Compliance, Sanofi U.S.; LTEN Board Past President (2010-2011)
- John Constantine, Executive Director & Dean, Merck Polytechnic Institute, and Chair, Asia Training Consortium, Merck; LTEN Board Past President (2006-2007); LTEN Board Director at Large
- Joe Delosa, North America Skills Trainer, Pfizer; LTEN Advisory Council
- Christine Gaudet, Director of Events, Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network
- Kevin Kruse, President, The Kruse Group; former LTEN Executive Director (2010-2015)
- Steve Rauschkolb, Sr. Director, Learning & Development, Commercial Solutions, Quintiles; LTEN Board Past President (2001- 2005)
- Tim Sosbe, Editorial Director, LTEN; Editor, Focus Magazine; Former Editorial Director, Chief Learning Officer and Training Industry magazines.
For more information on the LTEN Excellence Awards, please visit www.LTENconference.com/awards.
The Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network (www.L-TEN.org) is the only 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting the professional goals of trainers and educators in the life sciences by providing the clarity, community and career resources needed to excel in leadership and learning. Founded in 1971, LTEN has grown to more than 1,400 individual members who work in pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostic companies.
For more information, contact Nannette Nolan, LTEN director of marketing communications, at nnolan@L-TEN.org.